Service Engineer, Andover field based £28-32k basic + ote + benefits
We are working with a global business who are looking to recruit a field based and a site based service engineer for their business.
We are looking for experienced electrical engineers to join the existing field service team, who are involved in the repair, maintenance and service of our customers’ lifting equipment, service inspection contracts, refurbishment and modernisation projects, installation, testing and certification of overhead cranes and hoists.
So what will you be doing ?
* You will be responsible for performing preventative maintenance and repairs on electric overhead travelling cranes.
* Trouble- shooting equipment malfunctions.
* Consulting with customers on repair and safety related issues.
* Generating sales leads during service call.
* Completing appropriate documentation.
So what do we need from you as a Crane service engineer ?
* You must be apprentice-trained or equivalent and fully conversant with electrical engineering disciplines
* Engineering experience: Electrical: 415v ac 3 phase motor contactor control circuits both squirrel cage and wound rotor. A good understanding of 110/48 volt relay and contactor circuits. Some frequency speed control device experience. Mechanical: Medium to large drive couplings, brakes and reduction gearboxes.
* Knowledge of the above tasks and the associated risks when working at height.
* Experience with overhead cranes and hoists is preferred, full product training will be given.
* Willingness to work rostered day shift [pattern) 5 days out of 7 ( 39 hours over 5 days) Scheduled weekend working will attract enhanced premiums. Working one weekend in every month.
* Good grasp of the English language (verbal and written)
* Strong interpersonal skills as there is extensive customer contact
* Proven commitment to safety
* You must be physically fit and able to work at heights
* Willingness to work extra hours
* Hold a current driving licence
Working for a company who believes in the personal development of their staff you will receive a basic salary and a host of benefits including a Company van with satellite navigation, corporate clothing and mobile telephone. You are paid from the moment you leave your home in the morning, regular paid overtime after the basic 39 hours, there is ample opportunity for overtime, call out payment, contributory pension, sales bonus scheme, life assurance scheme, specialised training on high quality products, provision of all equipment and PPE along with excellent company working practices and industry leading training programme.
Interested ? Please apply now for a confidential chat
Vantage Recruitment are acting as an employment agency for the purposes of this vacancy